“L.E.A.D.’s mission is to leverage the relationship between education, athletics and service to create positive outcomes for at-risk, minority inner-city youth.”
Using athletics as the motivating tool, we provide our young men with programming that shows them how to be stellar students and citizens; empowering them to turn citizenship from a noun to a verb.
- That every young person is entitled to an opportunity to be successful
- That athletics can provide valuable life lessons and access to educational, civic engagement and career opportunities
- That financial obstacles should not be allowed to be a barrier to a young man’s pursuit of his love for athletics and his need for appropriate training.
- That young people learn to lead by leading and understand their value by being valued.
- Greatness in sports should be defined by a student-athlete’s service to his community as much as for his stats on the field of play.